Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Disability Related Matters

Questions Answers
How do I apply for Social Security Disability? Please contact the Social Security Administration through either their website address, or by phone at 1-800-772-1213 or TTY: 1(800) 325-0778.
I have not received my Social Security Disability Check, who do I contact to investigate this?  Please contact Social Security through either their website address, or by phone at 1-800-772-1213 or TTY: 1(800) 325-0778.
Who can I contact for representation regarding my Social Security Disability application? The National Organization of Social Security Claimant's Representative may be able to locate a lawyer in your area. You can reach them through their website address or by phone at
1(800) 431-2804.
Where and how do I get a Handicapped Parking Permit? Please contact the Georgia Department of Revenue through either their website address or by phone at 1-877-GADOR11 (or 1-877-423-6711).  
How do I apply for Medicaid? Please contact U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services through either their website address:, or by phone at: 1(877) 267-2323 or TTY: 1(866) 226-1819.
DISCLAIMER: The provision of this resource information is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement by Office of Disability Services Ombudsman.